RE: Gloranthan ?! Linguistics

From: hcarteau_at_yfK6aKxgIDi4Alchr4xygz72f-i0lyQqlyADg-W0Cm4V8L232iJ64szk0RZxKWOUERg
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:56:29 +0200 (CEST)

I wonder how Gloranthan names have changed since the Dawn? For that matter, is Pavis really pronounced the way Pavis would have spoken his name?

/// Interesting. To me (I'm French), it's always been Pah-vis. Never heard it otherwise. I realize I never heard you furriners say it out lout : Pay-vis maybe ? Plus different cultures have different spelling. I remember a malkioni legend mentioning the savage land of Pracks, ruled by the eransachula Genner, etc. I love these possible sources of confusion and discovery.

Also, I remember meeting a GM who said "Lankor Mee" when I said "Lanchor (german hard ch) My". We had an untold contest, to see which way to say it the other players would pick instinctively.