Re: Cult Colours

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 00:24:08 -0000

> Another King of Dragon Pass convention: blue cloaks were worn by people to announce that they were killing someone. (Taken I believe from Icelandic sagas.)

King Barakar does this when he decides to kill Naralanth Flatnose: "he had already donned his blue cloak and red belt" (History of the Heortling Peoples 72).

Initially I thought color correspondences were primarily for the elemental pantheons, which would make it tricky for Death and other power runes to get attributions. (What color is Stability in your Glorantha?)

But then I remembered Chalana Arroy is the White Goddess, so it's possible.