Re: Can Heortling farmers count?

From: Charles <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 00:38:56 -0000

How many Orlanthi have any coins?

Outside the cities and towns, only a few have any use for coins. Wealth is measured in cattle and trade is conducted through barter. So I would imagine that the clan as an organization would hold some coins, used to buy items from travel ling traders who have no use for cattle and, in Sartar, used to pay taxes. And maybe the chief and a few wealthy thanes might have a few coins.

In the towns, many own cattle (my guess from the town maps in the Sartar Companion). However, quite a few have occupations where holding cattle would be counter-productive. So I would guess that all but the poorest would have coins.