Re: Can Heortling farmers count?

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 18:42:22 -0000

Nils Weinander wrote:

> 1000 coins? The number is irrelevant, the weight of
> the silver is what matters. After all, coins from
> Tarsh are probably not the same weight as coins
> from Esrolia, but as long as they are silver they
> are worth their respective weight.

Tarshite or Pelorian silver may not be the same as Manirian silver. Since RQ2 we know that Gloranthan coins are alloys rather than pure (runic) metals. One region's "gold" may be another region's electrum for the silver content, and the same for coinage silver. It is not just weight that defines the value of a coin, it is also fine metal content and government dictate.