Re: Can Heortling farmers count?

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_rihZukqjqkWXkzVpEgQOGWyJ-masUtxKQiEeTOfGLs8SWALkO8oIeECbVPL5LSIgz_jF>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 18:39:06 +0100

On 08.01.2013 23:17, Tim Walters wrote:

> On 1/8/13 2:00 PM, Pomeroi wrote:
>>
>> When I once read "The Long Ships" by Frans Bengtsson (a must-read for
>> the Viking interested!)
>>

> Or the non-Viking-interested, for that matter. I can take or leave
> Vikings, but I loved that book.

Thanks Tim, this encourages me to say some more. You cannot learn more and easier about that time (Vikings, Moors (1st Arabs in Europe), early Christianity, Kind Harald "Bluetooth" (yeah! that one!!!) of Denmark)

F. Bengtsson wrote this as an adventurous and fun novel, but always with the knowledge of the historian he was! The best way to get the look and feel of that time!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=frans+bengtsson&sprefix=frans+be%2Caps%2C416 Hope this link survives. Else: put Frans Bengtsson into the search engine of your favourite book seller!