Re: Orlanthis and the Dream World.

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:06:59 -0000

zonork:

> no traditions or myths about the world of dreams? no magic dream?

True Dragons dream of gathering treasure and fighting little people, their dreams become reality and manifest as Dream Dragons.

The Dragonewt Dream was powerful enough to burst open the gates of Pavis and caused the end of the troll domination. In my Pavis game, the PC can interact with the Dragonewt Dream by HeroQuesting as the Dragonest Dream created its own part of the God Plane.

Chaosium brought out DreamQuest as part of a SoloQuest supplement that allowed you to HeroQuest through dreams.

> There is a dream rune?

Not officially, but I don't see why not.

> I do not think that dreams should be developed in the East.

I think that the East should have a lot of dreaming. They are draconic in nature, so the Emperor's Dream should take some real form in the world. They partake of opium, crocus and other narcotics, so should have a strong dreaming tradition.

> ( a idea for a orlanthi god or goddess of dreams?

Maybe Annilla, maybe Rausa, maybe Eurmal. As on/daughter of a god(dess) of Sleep or of Night might be a deity of dreams. So, perhaps a child of Xentha. Maybe Raven in Prax might be a good example. However, none of these are Orlanthi deities.

See Ya

Simon