Re: Hoplite combat styles

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 01:33:12 +0800

On 21/01/2013, at 5:13 PM, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> Rather than speculate about superduper skirmish troopers, a much simpler
> question would be - what does the Commander do with his Sun Dome Phalanx
> while the other side has the Impala tribe?
>
> The best answer is that he does nothing with the Phalanx but sends other
> cavalry (Sables etc) to drive away the Impalas. The Phalanxes are only
> good for standing up to the charges of the High Llamas and perhaps Bison.

	Just going to add - while I do think the Sun Dome County has mounted archers etc, what is notable is that they don't seem to have any dedicated infantry skirmish troops like peltasts, even though such troops are generally fielded in support of hoplites, and that does make sense. Skirmish infantry are indeed a bad idea in Prax.
	Cheers
		David