Re: Hoplite combat styles

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:49:17 -0000

> They certainly seem somewhat horse obsessed, and go out of their way to train people to fight from horseback. Given that, even if they have only a few people trained to fight from horseback, it would seem insane of them not to use them.

The Sun Domers of Sun County no longer revere or even raise horses. They have adapted to their fate afoot, and have been forced on occasion to rely on allied mounted nomad tribesmen for cavalry support.

> So, when did Kuschile change from 'ancient founder' to 'eccentric priest'? And given the cult has a clear association with horses and riding in every version, since when did learning for fight from horseback become 'eccentric'?

Rogar of "Rogar's Riders" is said priest, not Kuschile (which is an ancient (and at least in Prax largely ignored) subcult. I suspect Kuschile is of more importance in Saird.

Jeff