Re: The opposite of the Moon/Balance Rune ?

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 23:54:54 -0000

> It used to be said that storm and moon contended for the middle air. Maybe we should take this literally.

The more I hear about Entekos, the more literally I take it.

In earliest elemental relationships preserved in Arcane Lore, storm and moon were each "second order" entities -- storm as the interloper pushing earth and sky apart, moon in some mysterious parallel way the product of darkness and water.

In a cosmology with only grudging room for five elements let alone six, competition between them would naturally get a little fraught. There's only room for one in the world.

Maybe one way to attack the question is to track down survivals of pre-storm systems and see how exactly Umath bent the world out of square. And then to see who if anyone besides Hepherones and Xeotam argued for a six-element set-up.

(As a bonus, this might finally give Xeotam's poor old Cold Rune a leg to stand on.)