Re: new and interesting combinations of runes for you

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:35:50 -0800 (PST)

zonork wrote:
> Chaos and Plant.

Hungry Jack, or the Jack O'Bear patron deity (horrifying to think that they should have one  :-)

> Water and Plant

Seaweed elves are not important to most land-based stories.  Run a mermen campaign and they will probably be as important as green or brown elves are in a land campaign.

It might also be important for Diros The Boatman worshipers, to keep the rivers and streams navigable by propitiatory worship, to keep the weeds down, as Malia propitiatory worship keeps disease at manageable levels.

> Storm and Life

There is supposed to be a Northern Storm goddess called Vinga who is the Daughter of Umath and Orlanth's Elder Sister.  In other words, a Biker Chick goddess, with no particular Earth associations, unlike the Heortling goddess of that name.  Seems like a good set of runes for her.

Oddly enough, she was found in lands now run by the Lunar Empire, which also has an Elder Sister.  Coincidence?

> Storm and all form runes (There are no animals and plants of the storm, I find it curious)

Urox.  Also the Storm Ram godlings.

> Disorder, Steal and Life (thief fertility ? but bad sex tends to be chaotic)

A subcult which heals thieves, or a Murphy Game goddess?  If Black Fang can be "good" in the end (e.g., Argrath of Pavis), why not Her?