Prices and barter rates in Glorantha

From: teeeterry <tt_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:15:10 -0000

Question:
Are there any good Gloranthan price lists available, either as write-ups or in publications? My game is currently based in Heortland, but other locataions may be of interest.

Background:
I've been playing RQ 3 for years, and I've mostly used Glorantha as the setting. My prices (for barter or money based transactions) have been mostly based on the RQ3 Game Master book. I've been reading Thunder Rebels of late, and notice vast price differences. I know these two sources are very different (in time of writing, background and more) so this is not to criticize the sources but to illustrate why I'd like to establish what is cannon, and then use that going foreward.

Thunder Rebels, p 43, 1 milk cow = 20 bushels of barley = 5 hogs = 7 ewes = 20 Lunars RQ3 (I'm assuming 1 penny = 1 Lunar):
GM book p29: Cow=200 penning. 1 pig = 1 sheep = 50 penning

Thunder rebels, p37: Wergilds = 10*annual income. Cotter = 25 cows. Gives annual income of 2,5 cows. RQ3, GMbook p26. Weregelds = 7* annual income. Landed peasant (1440 p, page 24) = 40 cows. Gives annual income of 5,8 cows.