Re: Why Zorak Zoran has a third eye ?

From: boztakang <daniel.mccluskey_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:14:05 -0000

I think in general, a troll born with a physical third eye would be considered horribly deformed, and most likely be declared stillborn by any reputable midwife -- unless, of course, the infant really WAS an incarnation of ZZ, in which case, it would kill the midwife before she could kill it, then probably its own mother as well, before embarking on a legend-inspiring orgy of destruction, mayhem and horror!!!

Trolls do naturally exhibit much more variety of form than humans, but I think extra eyes are, if anything, significantly more rare amongst Uz than us.

My take on Zorak Zoran's third eye is that it represents his Rage. His unquenchable thirst for pain and destruction that permits him to dominate such terrible forces as Fire and Undeath. His third eye is very much a spiritual thing, and it's association with the least useful sense (for trolls) indicates that it is something unnatural, uncomfortable, and strange - in other words, evil.