Re: Sorcery not malkioni ?

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:37:38 -0000

> Given that I'm denying that mysticism is in the East and is always
> transcendental, I fail to see why this requires mystical magic.

That's a much more interesting position. Part of what I was reacting to was:

> > All magic takes the form of spells, spirits or affinities (also natural
> > magic). There is no such thing as mystical magic.

If you're denying that "mysticism" as a game artifact "is in the East" and that "mystics" who create miraculous inner-worldly effects aren't somehow failures, the absence of a fourth system for the East is something my Glorantha can live with quite happily.

What rankles is the notion that a "mystical" Vithelan system has no magic beyond vague vestigial "counters" and "strikes" simply because it's "mystical." Clearly it does. The mythology demonstrates this.

So then, Vithelan magic relies on spells, spirits and/or affinities?