Re: Hero Wars diplomacy

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 22:37:33 +1300

On 3/3/2013 11:42 AM, Keith wrote:
> If I were going to make a Diplomacy variant for Dragon Pass during the Hero Wars I think I would focus on the human factions, splitting them into 7 as follows:
>
> Old Tarsh
> Prince of Sartar
> Far Walkers
> Grazers
> Sir Ethilrist
> Imperial Army
> Kingdom of Tarsh

Three factions from Tarsh seems to me a bit strong (unless Old Tarsh is meant to be the Tarsh Exiles?)

> leaving the Dragonewts, Androgeus, Beasts, Dragons, Tuskriders, Barbarian Horde, The Dwarf, Hydra, Giants, Cragspider as forces of nature outside the scope of human diplomacy (and the game).

I think that the Beast Valley and Cragspider's Trolls should be factions. Having play take place on a minority of a map seems strange to me. I would have also said the Dragonewts but the dispersed nature of their forces requires special rules and I don't think you want that.

--Peter Metcalfe