Re: Hero Wars diplomacy

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 09:55:00 -0000

Peter
> Three factions from Tarsh seems to me a bit strong (unless Old Tarsh is meant to be the Tarsh Exiles?)

Yes, Old Tarsh was meant to be Tarsh Exiles. Kingdom of Tarsh would be a Fazzurite faction more interested in Tarsh than the Empire.

> > leaving the Dragonewts, Androgeus, Beasts, Dragons, Tuskriders, Barbarian Horde, The Dwarf, Hydra, Giants, Cragspider as forces of nature outside the scope of human diplomacy (and the game).
>
> I think that the Beast Valley and Cragspider's Trolls should be
> factions. Having play take place on a minority of a map seems strange to me. I would have also said the Dragonewts but the dispersed nature of their forces requires special rules and I don't think you want that.

The Dragonewts were the potential faction that needed far too many special rules - for movement, for support, for a different set of supply centres. This led me to think I could/should exclude other factions. Cragspider is easy to slice off from the top right hand corner of the map, and I then felt I could do the same with the bottom portion.

The way I imagine it, if the Beasts become allies of the Kingdom of Sartar then, in effect, they become part of the Kindgom of Sartar, not an unreliable ally controlled by a treacherous player. I felt that it was better to highlight at least some of the political tension within the Lunar Empire and the barbaric Principality.

So Peter, would your seven factions be:

Tarsh Exiles
Cragspider the Firewitch
Ironhoof and the Beasts