Re: Hero Wars diplomacy

From: Glass <glass_at_HXe2tEePJJR_EDPYYU4mnsnItP2z2-FdI2H30DwNiipnqD8PqzMD4WXb-f7xKkLU_TF8iZ>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 22:56:33 -0000

> I love Diplomacy (I played many games over the email judges some years back), and think variants are interesting. However I think that the dynamic offered by the mix of armies and navies is kind of key:

Great stuff. Suggest a serious Diplo Pass group think about warriors -- the land armies -- and "magicians" who can provide convoy support and maybe do other things.

[great list of factions]

> With neutral spots for the Telmori, Pavis, Muse Roost, the shaker temple, city of 10k magicians... possibly for certain chaos nests, with special rules applied to that?

Not going to touch chaos but strikes me that this is an elegant way to handle Dragon Pass style diplomacy. An "emissary" (maybe a magician unit, maybe any unit) has to occupy a neutral supply center in order to "ally" that independent to the cause. If someone else moves in, you lose that ally and the military capacity it represents.

This being Glorantha, of course occupying the Dragons Eye or Muse Roost (for example) might unleash exotic powers that taking NWY early on would not grant in the vanilla game....