Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 02:06:49 -0000

Andrew asks:

> Is 'kheen' canonically established as the feminine of 'khan' in Prax?
Nope. Canon uses queen, which always struck me as a foreign translation. Then one day, I realized that making -een be the feminine ending would work to explain it.

> In the real world, the feminine form is 'khanum'. Just wondering.
Yeah, or khatun, but then we're back to "queen" just being a translation. Plus, while a Praxian khan might be something like a real world khan, I really doubt that a Praxian queen is much like a real world khanum or khatun, which were the terms for the khan's consort. Since a Praxian queen is not necessarily married to the khan, I wouldn't really want that baggage if anyone ever looked the word up.

Chris