Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 18:49:03 -0000

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Chris calls Waha a Silver Age Hero. The problem is his recorded
> deeds are too numerous for a mere Silver Age Hero. I'm not aware
> of another Hero in the same period who invents an entire culture
> by himself.

I would name Ezkankekko and Heort/Ivarne as contemporary and Hrestol as almost contemporary, each with a portfolio of society-forming deeds that would be in the same range as Waha.

> Many of his myths are more appropriate to the great cultural
> founders of the Golden and Storm Ages.

When reading the Orogeria bits of Entekosiad, what period are these from? The Gray Age, or the Storm Age? And whichever the answer, can you disprove the alternative?

> What I think has happened was the myths were retaught in
> the Great Darkness/Gray Age (by whom is unimportant) and so
> the Praxians have bleak myths rather than the kinder, gentler
> Golden Age ones.

The Golden Age is the Death of the Green Age, and while we usually talk about Golden Age Prax and Genert's Garden, it has a very Green Age look and feel, and much of Genert's response to the invaders feels immature and more primal than events northwest of the Rockwoods and Storm Mountains.

I also notice that while the Vingkotlings have distinct myths about being on an island and separated from Tada's realm by water, the Praxians have no such information. At least not in publications so far. There's the arrival of Seolinthor and Zola Fel, and that's all they know about water invading.

(Unless you count the existence of huge layers of sedimentary rock at least in Pavis County and stretching to Snake Pipe Hollow as evicence.)