Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:20:25 +1300

On 3/23/2013 5:10 AM, David Scott wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2013, at 16:07, Jeff <richaje_at_...> wrote:
>
>> Just butting in here briefly. Waha is NOT Golden or Storm Age. He emerged from Eiritha's womb after the destruction of the Garden in the Great Darkness.
>
> Cults of Prax says in it's first line on Waha:
>
> The god Waha is the son of the Storm Bull and Eiritha. He was born at the end of the Gods War, after his father had slain the Devil and long after his mother was hidden beneath the earth.
Nomad Gods also says

"[Waha was] begat long before but not born until the Great Night".

     Nomad Gods Translated rulebook p46

 From which I infer that the Praxians have a myth about his conception, know it took place in the Golden or Storm Age and assume the discrepancy between that and his birth was an ultra-long pregnancy.

But the more interesting statement is this:

"Modern Scholars have claimed that the word [Tada - PHM] is not a name at all, but rather a transliteration of some ancient title of a divinity*. (They make the same claim about Waha)."

     Nomad Gods Translated rulebook p46

So Waha may have been born repeatedly throughout myth and history. I'm uncertain whether this statement appears in the original Nomad Gods (I doubt it) or was added to in the French version (let alone whether it is still canon!). In any event, my position is that what the Praxians say about Waha is what they and the God Learners see when they witness those events on the Other Side. What came before is lost behind the destruction of the Great Darkness.

--Peter Metcalfe

*But Tadashi is also translated as Arrangers of the Golden Land while what's left of Tada's Army are the Wandering Rangers. So Tada probably means something like Ranger or Arranger.