Re: Praxian tribal campaign

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 21:49:03 -0000

Jeff, responding to Nils:

> > Waha's age: why can't he be both a Golden & Storm Age
> > deity and a Silver Age hero? His myths from previous
> > ages are lost in the chaos void, but he retained enough
> > power to make the survival covenant and the other pre-dawn
> > deeds.
>
> Just butting in here briefly. Waha is NOT Golden or Storm Age.
> He emerged from Eiritha's womb after the destruction of the
> Garden in the Great Darkness.

I would add two caveats, based first on our ignorance of Praxian myth from the Golden and Storm Ages and second on MGF:

  1. Yes, the spirit Praxians worship as Waha is not present in the Golden and Storm Ages. But that does not mean that stories that Praxians think are about Waha are truly about Waha.
  2. Yes, the spirit that Praxians worship emerged from the Paps as Waha during the darkness. But that does not mean he has no story before that.

I'm not saying that these things have to be true. I'm saying that MGF requires us to leave room for them.

Chris