Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:56:23 +0000

On 26 Mar 2013, at 03:55, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:

> I don't think this is correct. The growth rate should be quicker at the
> Dawn - the Orgovaltes jump from 1.1K at the Dawn to 8K in circa 100-150
> ST. Once all the good spots are settled, the growth rates should then
> flatten out. At the very least I think the population of Prax at the
> end of the Dawn Age should be within the same magnitude as the current
> population (say 300K?). Further population growth in the following
> centuries largely takes place in the Wastelands.

You are certainly correct that there should be differences. But this is a simple model that takes none of that into account. With the simple model, population pressure helps move them into the Wastes, not just the arrival of the Pure Horse People. Also Good spts doesn't really work the same for nomads.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433