Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:55:33 +1300

On 3/25/2013 11:01 PM, David Scott wrote:

> Perhaps a way of viewing this is the population of the Nomads.
>
> 3K Dawn 0 ST (source - The Guide)
>
> 14K End of the First Age 500 ST
>
> 88K End of the Second Age 1100 ST
>
> 420K Now 1620 ST (source - The Guide)

I don't think this is correct. The growth rate should be quicker at the Dawn - the Orgovaltes jump from 1.1K at the Dawn to 8K in circa 100-150 ST. Once all the good spots are settled, the growth rates should then flatten out. At the very least I think the population of Prax at the end of the Dawn Age should be within the same magnitude as the current population (say 300K?). Further population growth in the following centuries largely takes place in the Wastelands.

--Peter Metcalfe