Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 09:31:02 -0000

There are a number of interesting things about the Waha cult that I think are worth highlighting.

Mushroom drinks from Dagori Inkarth - the write up from Cults of Prax seems to go on about this an inordinate amount. Initiates get to drink this elixir. We don't know what it does - I presume some sort of Waha! consciousness, some way of accessing the spirit plane, men!s magic, something that makes it worthwhile worshipping Waha!.

Borabu Nightmare - who is this guy? What's his story? Was he a foe of Waha! that Waha! defeated? Was he a friend of Waha? Is he the dream of a sleeping Waha! from before he was born? Is he Waha! after he has drunk Mushroom drink. Seems to me Borabu is not just some demon sent to punish law breakers but more fundamental to Waha! than most spirits of reprisal. I think Nightmare is more important to the Shamans than Waha! himself.

Waha! ancestry - an interesting fact that Khans must be able to prove their descent from Waha! I wonder how many Praxians are descended from Waha!, and how many were in different periods of history. I presume this is through the male line.

Keith