Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:25:25 +0000

On 26 Mar 2013, at 13:33, Glass <glass_at_...> wrote:

> I like this a lot, not least because I spent a few minutes last night puzzling over a line in the Guide draft, Waha "freed the herd beasts and women from the darkness."
>
> Not everybody, just these members of the community. So if it's the "great" darkness, then how were the men already free? The beasts aren't free yet so we don't have a Covenant.
>
> And if it's not necessarily the "great" darkness, maybe the herd beasts and women had been captured by other darkness entities, perhaps from over Dagori Inkarth way. The Waha cult then would have retained technologies of consciousness from that enemy after driving it from Prax.

It's a very edited down version of Waha frees the Protectresses: "Waha freed the Daughters of Eiritha who were imprisoned by the forces of Kyger Litor. Through the dark and dangerous way he searched and fought, and returned to the world with the goddesses known as the Protectresses. Then the women of the tribe began worshipping Eiritha and people owned herds." from Cults of Prax.

> Might be a new backstory behind the Morokanth and their odd Dark rune.

The Darkness rune is not that odd if you consider the that the major tribes are each associated with an elemental rune in the Nomad Gods board game:

Morokanth - Black - Darkness
High Llama - Blue - Water
Bison - Green - Storm
Impala - Yellow - Sky
Sables - Red - Moon

> Although we'd need "Waha Fights Trolls" myths to be sure.

I'm not sure there is a Waha Fights Trolls myth. Trolls are very good at fighting chaos, a useful thing in Prax. When he got the Protectresses back, i believe one version of the story is he negotiate with "Dark Eater" and make her an ally that can be called on by some in times of need. The deal is I will feed you now help.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433