Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:55:34 -0000

> It's a very edited down version of Waha frees the Protectresses: "Waha freed the Daughters of Eiritha who were imprisoned by the forces of Kyger Litor. Through the dark and dangerous way he searched and fought, and returned to the world with the goddesses known as the Protectresses. Then the women of the tribe began worshipping Eiritha and people owned herds." from Cults of Prax.

There it is! Looks close enough to Waha Fights Trolls to me!

Maybe our Morokanth friends and/or the "fungal drink" and/or the persistent undertow of "Zorak Zoran" on the cult distribution chart came along for the ride.

Although I'd hope most of them "Zorak Zoran" are Dark-worshipping Moro slaves. However, now that you mention the elemental wheel of the Big Five tribes, maybe it's more useful to look at those lines as elemental placeholders: "Orlanth" is the big windy non-Celt, but also Gagarth, Rainbow Girl and all them. "Yelmalio" may be the Sun Dome guy (and among the Zebra and Pol Joni especially, baby brother Elmal himself), but also Unicorn, Sun Hawk and company. "ZZ" includes the White Princess and whoever the Moro secretly adore as well as actual trollish ways.

The downside of this hypothetical move is that it begs the question of whether "Eiritha" is a singular cult or just the surface of the Paps complex where Ronance and the other old earth spirits (including Waha himself but that's a whole other story) lurk. Which I think is fine. Makes the "women's culture" more complex and exciting.