Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:27:33 -0000

Peter says:
> My opinion of Daka Fal is that his tradition provides a
> smorgasborg of spirit societies in the guise of ancestors.
> Whereas most Praxians have to go through the usual hoops
> of joining a spirit society, a Daka Fali can just find an
> ancestor (My Grand-daddy worshipped Condor! Watch Me
> Soar!!) and learn the magic of the Spirit Society from them.

I bascially concur. I would add that a Daka Fali can also use his ancestor's knowledge. "Granny told me there was always water between those two hills. I know we've never been there, but it's worht a try."

> The spirits of Waha, Eiritha and Storm Bull are forbidden
> to Daka Fal's worshippers (They stole our birthright!

I hadn't thought of it in those terms, but it makes sense. Those spirits are strong enough to bind their followers after death. Condor isn't.

Chris