Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:36:12 +1300

On 3/26/2013 12:49 PM, Chris Lemens wrote:

> Daka Fal is important. I would say that virtually every clan has significant numbers of Daka Fal worshippers. (Yes, everyone worships him from time to time, but I mean people who really focus on him, whatever your game mechanic is.) The reason for this is that Daka Fal gives:
> 1. The ability to handle ghosts, which are stil everywhere int he Wastes.
> 2. The ability to talk to the ancestors, get their advice on how to deal with things that are seen only rarely, and get special powers that you don;t need to carry around with you all the time. ("Uncle Einar knows!")

My opinion of Daka Fal is that his tradition provides a smorgasborg of spirit societies in the guise of ancestors. Whereas most Praxians have to go through the usual hoops of joining a spirit society, a Daka Fali can just find an ancestor (My Grand-daddy worshipped Condor! Watch Me Soar!!) and learn the magic of the Spirit Society from them. The spirits of Waha, Eiritha and Storm Bull are forbidden to Daka Fal's worshippers (They stole our birthright! They drank our milkshake!!) so they become exotic magicians that balance out the conservative traditions of Waha and Eiritha.

--Peter Metcalfe