Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:49:39 -0000

David Scott, responding to Glass:

> > Where is Daka Fal in all this?
>
> Daka Fal provides the bridge to the spirit world and the ancestors.

Daka Fal is important. I would say that virtually every clan has significant numbers of Daka Fal worshippers. (Yes, everyone worships him from time to time, but I mean people who really focus on him, whatever your game mechanic is.) The reason for this is that Daka Fal gives: 1. The ability to handle ghosts, which are stil everywhere int he Wastes. 2. The ability to talk to the ancestors, get their advice on how to deal with things that are seen only rarely, and get special powers that you don;t need to carry around with you all the time. ("Uncle Einar knows!")

At the very least, if you are narrating a Praxian game, your characters need to have access to a wise old Daka Fali, to whom they can turn to get information. This lets you set up problems and give them tools that they can use for creative solutions.

Chris