Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 00:05:05 -0000

> Daka Fal is important. I would say that virtually every clan has significant numbers of Daka Fal worshippers. (Yes, everyone worships him from time to time, but I mean people who really focus on him, whatever your game mechanic is.)

I agree. And here's a neat thing from Nomad Gods, which granted might no longer count for much:

FATHER OF INDEPENDENTS. This pathetic wretch, slave to man and god, claims to be the Founder of the many small Tribes, or Independents, and will gladly tell his amusing lies to all who would listen. Yet it is ridiculous to think that such a wretched thing could birth the powerful beings who need neither god nor support to live in the chapparal. According to the Father, though, he was a victim of the Gods War and crippled to become the ferryman to the gods. Yet he escaped. Returning to Prax, he was again captured and put to a similar task in the Dead Place where he still serves with admirable ability.

Does this psychopomp who uniquely knows his way around the Dead Place sound like anyone else we might know under another name?

Isn't this a story the "great" tribes tell about people who aren't really fully part of their religious system? Do we automatically trust such stories?

How do we know the Independents worship Waha? The answer to this one is probably in the books, but I can't find it right now.