Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:09:52 -0000

Tim, responding to Keith:

> > The Shamans are the guys who really make all the decisions anyway (or
> > at least, that's what the Respected Elders like everyone to thing)
>
> The Shaman are (presumably) the final arbiters of who is or isn't descended
> from Waha! (Can you see the dissenting Shaman trying to persuade the
> ancestors to reveal an illegitimate birth in the prosepctive Khan's line?)

I would say that there are minor heroquests or rituals that a would-be khan must perform and that relate to the Founder. In those rituals, the Founder decides if he is descended from Waha! Of course, any heroquest needs community support, so the khan must first convince people to support him, which might include claims of descent.

Chris