Re: Secret History of the Beast Riders?

From: Glass <glass_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:05:10 -0000

Love it. Nothing is lost as long as the original spirits are still alive or can be revived.

So it got me thinking about our friends the Baboon Troop and their Grandfather Baboon. Not a big thought, but even a throwaway character can provide another angle on Daka Fal.

Obviously the baboons do not respect Waha. And obviously "Ancestor Worship" is at best a pernicious artifact of the RuneQuest rules environment.

But when people point to similarities between what Daka Fal and what the baboons have, what do they point to? How do the baboons do things differently? Where are the real discontinuities as opposed to the tribal bragging points?

Bonus, is Grandfather Baboon related to old Kang Luway or do the otherwise vain and boasting monkey people seem ignorant of their famous eastern counterpart?

P.S. Drastic Prax may be quasi-canonical at best, but we all realize Waha's daughter is the "adoptive" mother of the (matrilineal and interpolated) bolo people, right? Irripi Ontor Truth Rating 37**