Ideas around the death of Kallyr, in game?

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:22:02 -0000

I'm looking for brainstorming type of ideas. My game is rapidly closing in on the battle where Kallyr is killed (per KoS, her attempt at the stationary lightbringer's quest was assaulted by lunar forces, killing and wounding many in her household. In this battle, not so long later, enemy forces teleport to her location, and--with her personal followers weakened--the attackers manage to kill her. Queen Beti then rallies the Sartarite forces enough that the battle ends as something of a marginal Sartarite victory, in that the Tarshite forces retreat.)

The question is how to make this dramatic….for a fifteen year old. His character bled out most of his lifeblood at the battle of Iceland to help Kallyr return to the mortal world and was personally named "Hurricane Warrior" by her for his deeds there. He's shown up in the right place at the right enough that Kallyr has been known to look around and ask whether Dernu and Gernu have brought along "my luck" this time. So, not a direct relationship but the character and player feel fortunate to be well regarding by this great hero.

For reference, his character is approaching `best in clan' type levels in sword play and magic, enough to make a speed bump for greater heroes, but not enough to have a realistic chance of taking them down, even with copious use of HP.

I'm just posting this in hopes that someone will have some ideas on how to make this cool and dramatic (be it elaborations on the above, or something totally different.