Re: Ideas around the death of Kallyr, in game?

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 07:06:27 -0000

Paul King <paul_at_...> wrote:
> KoS isn't that clear about Kallyr's death - Minaryth Blue says
> that she survived until 1630, when Harrek kills her (p212).
> So I say let him save her - somehow. Even if she appears to
> be killed.

I'd say let her be killed (for the duration of the battle and the aftermath), then resurrected - if there is any resurrection available in Glorantha, a leader like Kallyr would be a typical candidate.

Her having been dead for a while also muddies up her claims for kingship, enough so for other Argraths to step up and present their own claims. There is that ugly precedent with "Zombie" King Andrin of Heortland...

> (I prefer Minaryth Blue's account anyway :-)

I regard both accounts as correct.

I would play this out so that Kallyr gets killed, your hero then can set to the task of rescuing her body. Should he fail - maybe Minaryth Blue confused Leika's later actions with Kallyr, and was remembering wrongly. If he succeeds, a resurrection will be available. Possibly one resurrection, but two worthy candidates.