Re: Ideas around the death of Kallyr, in game?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:11:41 +0100

On 11 Apr 2013, at 20:48, Paul King <paul_at_...> wrote:

> KoS isn't that clear about Kallyr's death - Minaryth Blue says that she survived until 1630, when Harrek kills her (p212). So I say let him save her - somehow. Even if she appears to be killed.

If you look at the dated references in KoS:
"Kallyr, crowned 1625, killed 1630" - Jonstown Compendium - The Ten Kings of Sartar
Kallyr Starbrow (1625-1626) - The Free Kings - "the good Queen Kallyr was killed in battle."
"Crowned in 1625, killed in 1626 by King Moirades."
"1627 Queen Kallyr lights Flame of Sartar" - Events of My Life
"1629 ... Queen Kallyr marries at last." - Events of My Life
"1630 ... Kallyr kills Gunda" - Events of My Life

 and take them to be "true", she does come back. Although the method is not stated, I'd say a LBQ would be the most likely method, to return a future King, avoids the whole re-life sickness.

Ian Cooper is covering this in the Coming Storm.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433