Re: Ideas around the death of Kallyr, in game?

From: Eric Vanel <eric.vanel_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:26:29 +0200

Le 17/04/2013 18:53, ian_hammond_cooper a écrit :

> Hi Bryan,
>
> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:WorldofGlorantha%40yahoogroups.com>, "bryan_thx"
> <bethexton_at_...> wrote:
> > One question: can Ian, or someone, give me a sentence or two about
> the 11 lights heroquest? It sounds significant, and I know that there
> is later an 11 lights heroband/military unit, but I'm completely at
> sea as to the nature of this quest.
>
> It's in The Coming Storm. I don't want to create too many spoilers but
> let's see what I can give. If you are adverse to any spoilers, don't
> read on.
>
> In 1622 Dragon Pass and Maniria are under the Great Winter caused by
> the death of Orlanth and Ernalda. People die, in droves, from cold,
> from monsters who stalk the ice lands - people cannot contact their gods.
>
> In desperation tribes roll the dice on survival strategies. The
> Cinsina co-operate with Kallyr. Whilst she goes to the Underworld to
> bring back Voria, a group of Cinsina heroes travel to the Underworld
> and the Sky to bring back part of Orlanth's Ring.
>
> I think it's the most ambitious heroquest in print. Some folks
> playtested it at Kraken last year.

I was part of the folks, lucky me. It was great time. Thanks again Ian.

To come back to Kallyr, don't let her drive your game. You are the boss, not her. She does not have to be a limit to the ambition of your players, whatever is written in KoS or elsewhere. Do you want the one who frees Sartar is an NPC, or your players ? ;-)

Eric