Re: Ideas around the death of Kallyr, in game?

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:53:09 -0000

Hi Bryan,

It's in The Coming Storm. I don't want to create too many spoilers but let's see what I can give. If you are adverse to any spoilers, don't read on.

In 1622 Dragon Pass and Maniria are under the Great Winter caused by the death of Orlanth and Ernalda. People die, in droves, from cold, from monsters who stalk the ice lands - people cannot contact their gods.

In desperation tribes roll the dice on survival strategies. The Cinsina co-operate with Kallyr. Whilst she goes to the Underworld to bring back Voria, a group of Cinsina heroes travel to the Underworld and the Sky to bring back part of Orlanth's Ring.

I think it's the most ambitious heroquest in print. Some folks playtested it at Kraken last year.

Of course I'm planning on some more ambitious pieces if I do Kallyrsaga. Let's turn the dials up, it's the Hero Wars, not the slightly mundane wars.