Re: Dara Happans and Time

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:20:01 -0000

The Dara Happan Empire measures time from Yelm's Enthronement, 112,621 years ago. The Dara Happan sacred calendar divides the year into four seasons of 10 weeks each plus a 14-day Sacred Time.

Time, as we recognize it in its three natural forms (linear, cyclical, and illusory) did not exist in the God Time. The lineal relationships that we impose upon the stories and myths of those ages are a result of our own temporal existence. For example, Plentonius states that "our oldest poem, written only a few years after the rise of Antirius, says that Yelm ruled for 100,000 years." Furthermore, said poet later said "Star-time is gone now. One thousand years of darkness are done." That poem was written a few years after the Dawn, and yet became the basis of the entire DH dating system. Or as Plentonius wrote, "Those two insights, from the earliest years of our temporal era, are the starting points of my own insights into ordering the realms of mythology into an understandable shape."

Jeff