Re: Dara Happans and Time

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:39:35 +1200

On 4/23/2013 3:24 PM, drscience3000 wrote:
> Is there any info on what the Dara Happan calander is like?

The only information that I'm aware of is a single day name.

> BTW, Dara Happans count years to back before the murder of Yelm. Does that mean that they don't agree that time didn't exist back then? (Of course the idea that the hero plane doesn't have time has always been a weird one).

Even the Malkioni, the Easterners and the Orlanthi agree that time (no capital) existed in some form or another before the Dawn. For a random example according to the Book of Heortling Mythology, Vingkot is said to have ruled for ten thousand years while a grandson, Arthal, lived for 500 years. Even if many of the mythical references to years are accepted as being poetic license, some for of chronological continuity existed.

--Peter Metcalfe