Re: Dara Happans and Time

From: Keith <keith.nellist_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:46:20 -0000

Here's my take on Time and Godtime:

Time is the child of Creation and Chaos - the world and annihilation. Every second that passes the entire world is destroyed, to be replaced by a new world. The old world that has been destroyed cannot be visited, cannot be changed, no longer exists except as a memory.

Compare this to the Godtime. It still exists, it can be visited, it can even be changed, it still exists eternally ,appearing to be unchanging from the point of view of those of us who live within the world of time.

To try to understand how the Godtime works/feels, compared to Time, I make the analogy with memory, and a recorded chronology.

Our memories are not in a sequence, we don't need to go to the start of our life and fast forward to a bit we want to recall, we are not always sure what happened before what but we know they happened. We know how to do certain things like speak and walk even though we cannot remember learning how to do them, but we know the rituals to perform those actions because we have remembered how to do them. That is what the Godtime is like. We don't understand it, it seems confusing but it appears to work, it is here and now in our heads even though it already happened.

A recorded chronology (which is a clumsy way of describing what I mean) might be like a diary of events, a video of something, or a sound recording. It is straightforward, but there are lots of details that you might miss. It doesn't change, you cannot go back and experience it, it is not here and now as well as in the past. That is how Time works.

Keith