Converting from one pantheon to another

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:18:38 -0000

I have a question about pantheon conversion in Glorantha -- particularly in larger numbers. My specific in-game case is Carmanian Humakti stranded in Prax (who had no great love for the empire even before they were abandoned). The idea is that some of them would stay with Humakt, but change to the Storm Pantheon. Obviously a non-trivial change, and Humakti would be amongst the most difficult group to make a change due to how seriously they take their oaths.

I understand that in abandoning a god, one might face spirits of retribution (as we called them back in RQ days). But what consequences would one face for leaving a pantheon without leaving a god/spirit/etc (either as a lay member, or in the cases where you can keep your god somehow (Ernalda, StormBull/Urox, Humakt, etc). And what would the process be? I assume standard initiation into the new pantheon would be required, but is there a way to leave an old pantheon, or could you stay in both in certain cases and just let one whither from lack of attention (such as when you don't have access to ceremonies/priests)

In my particular case, I really know nothing about Carmanian Humakti, so not sure if there should be other issues to be resolved (i.e. how similar/different the cult is versus the storm tribe version)