Gloranthans and Time

From: hcarteau_at_...
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 10:00:08 +0200 (CEST)

One thing thas recently "dawned" on me is how long many mythical events took to happen in Glorantha. The Sun didn't spring back up in the sky, pronto, just after the end of the Great Darkness ; the Return of Days and Nights actually took hundreds, perhaps thousands of years. It's particularly evident in the malkioni Five Actions, each which lasted millenia. I suspect our view has been distorted by the godlearner experiments, when they re-enacted such events over a few days or hours. It took much, much more time.

A RW analogy struck me the other while watching some TV documentary about extinction events. Dinosaurs didn't die out in a few hours or even years ; I seem to remember they vanished over a loooong time (a million years ?) Same goes in Glorantha : THINGS TAKE TIME TO HAPPEN.

But how could I use this for MGF ? I don't know. It's nice to philosophize from time to time, though.