Re : [WorldofGlorantha] Sky ship

From: hcarteau_at_...
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 21:08:43 +0200 (CEST)

In various books and recently in the guide of glorantha, I have read something I cannot explain about what happen to return the sky ship, so I ask for your help

In the guide it is written :"simultaneously work to raise the sky ship" :

why returning this planet ?
/// So that ships may again sail the open seas freely / so the "Stars are Right" again (for whatever purposes) / so Great Waertag can help his children again / whatever purpose suits you in your game. Many different communities have different - yet - aligned purposes.

why 1624 and not before ?
/// Because the knowledge has been lost, and recently found again (by adventuring PCs ?) / Because the Stars are Right for this only that year / Because something else is happening that makes this ritual a priority for some / whatever reason fits with your game.

How simultaneously ?
/// As much as you want for your game. For me, people go to the Other Side where/when Time does not exist, so you can have people from faraway places and different times working for the same purpose, either consciously or totally unconsciously. You mighty actually fight side-by-side with your worst ennemy against the sky river demons, or push him overboard when no God is looking, or whatever fits your players and your own fancy.

And :
"opposed by many powerful lunar magicians" : why the lunar work against this project ?
/// As always with the empire, many agencies are working at the same time with divergent purposes. Here, I see traditional Dara Happans fully supporting returning Anaxial's Ark to its rightful place in the skies, and their ennemies, or even "progressive" lunars opposing too much power to the solar traditionalists, attempting to wreck the plan.