Re: Esrolian Malkioni

From: David Summers <dr.dave.00_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 11:42:44 -0700

> > Malkoni believe in the one true god and not the others (of which
> > there are a lot in Esrolia).
>
> The Henotheists believe that some of the Storm/Earth gods act as Saints and worship them in a Malkioni way, so they are a halfway house. Other Malkioni think of them as heretics, though.

Are these the same as the Aerolians that Peter mentioned?

> > So are the Malkioni and worshipers of Ernalda (etc.) completely
> > different groups?
>
> Generally, yes.
>
> Most clans and families are from one particular belief stream, so you get the predominately Earth-worshipping clans, some Stoemn-worshipping clans, some Henotheist clans, some Trader Prince clans and some Malkioni clans.
>
> > Can you have a theist and a wizard from the same family?
>
> In theory yes. There is nothing to stop a Henotheist clan member from changing worship to worship the Gods themselves, for example, while another member remains Malkioni and honours the gods as saints.
>
> You could also get a member of a clan who converts to the other way of worship.
>
> Would there be clans where some members are Malkioni and some worship the Earth Goddesses? Maybe, but they would be rare, in my opinion.

Well, the idea is for two of us to play siblings, one a theist and the other a sorcerer. It sounds like this is workable, especially if they are from cosmopolitan Nochet.

David Summers
summers_at_...

(People have been fooled but I'm in California, not Massachusetts. This is the internet after all.)