Re: Lunar Chaos Figthing Cult

From: drscience3000 <dr.dave.00_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 07:43:58 -0000

> The trouble from my PoV is that things that are useful to the players
> aren't necessarily things that a deity might provide or even want to
> provide. Otherwise we'll end up with the extreme of the RQ2 Lanbril
> cult which has loads of things that are useful but do not make much
> sense in terms of a believable cult. Given that of all the Orlanthi
> cults, only Urox has any sense of sensing chaos makes me think that
> magical means of detecting chaos must be similarly vague at best.
>
> That said, Thanatar is hardly a subtle cult. If he has heads on his
> belt, then you don't need a Storm Bully to know he's bad. Atyar is more
> subtle but if the scholar is eating scrolls rather than reading them or
> has drooling vegetables in the cellar, he's bad.

Well, it is also useful for authorities in controlling chaos in members and preventing incursions. How do you find all those people that secretly give in to Malia to save themelves from the plague that is in the city? In our campaign, even the Thanatar recruited new members and had them not carry heads around until they had "done there bit".