Re: The unholy trio

From: Glass <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 16:41:46 -0000

> for the broos, who are the participants? Thed's alive. Malia's "left
> the conspiracy". Wakboth and Ragnaglar are dead.

My distant sense of the psychology of broo religion (yuck) is that they insert themselves into the myth in the place of the dead father in order to sire their horrible babies.

This is especially awful because Ragnaglar is supposed to be dead, so every act of broo sexual aggression echoes his original crimes against the world and so perpetuates a dead god's memory if not his presence. The broo *is* bad daddy in the same way the sacred king stands in for god. Note that again this challenges the hard assumptions of Heortling religion, where the survival of bad daddy is a blasphemy that leads to bad thoughts.

We might see the reflection of what Wakboth was like in broospawn. Every nasty little thing is a new little devil reborn. The victims are unwilling Thed surrogates and "Malia" is everyone else.

The god you are incarnating is dead so you derive your power from forcing someone else to play the role of the entity you really worship. Thed makes the magic happen. Momma gets her vengeance.

Because the line between daddy and baby is anything but clean, we see gross confusion like the whole Son/Father/[Daughter] of Wakboth/Ralzakark business that was so muddled in LOT, not to mention all that rigamarole about transsexual broo, "hermaphrodites" and broo-on-broo rape.