Re: The Historical Thanatar

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:24:07 +0100

Glass wrote:

> I know "important Chaos cult" is an oxymoron

It's all relative. Can be Chaos cults be important? Not to the vast majority of Gloranthans, no, and not (most of the time) to the grand sweep of Gloranthan history. But a roleplaying campaign doesn't necessarily reflect anything like everyday life, so I'd suggest that, in at least some campaigns, they can be very important indeed. One needs at times, I think, to remember that the needs of an RPG campaign may be quite different from those of more general worldbuilding. We can, and should, sometimes focus on the seemingly unimportant in order to create interesting stories.

Not that I'm suggesting you aren't, but it's a point that needs making.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic