Re: Anaxial's Ark carried the whole world

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_me.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:06:48 +0100

On 12 Aug 2013, at 10:44, drscience3000 <dr.dave.00_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> "Everyone alive" descended from those who were on Anaxial's Ark. I'm wondering how literal this claim is, from the _Dara_Happan_ point of view. Would they claim that the ancestors of the Loskalmi were on the ark, or did is save everyone in the "known world".

GroY says about who was on the ark - "In this way they saved the best of the plants, animals, peoples, and godlets."Anaxial picked who got on the Ark, everyone else was "polluted" and "wicked". "Everyone alive" now has a context. The only thing to get on the Ark after it sailed was baby Gerra.

On 12 Aug 2013, at 11:28, Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz> wrote:

> It's not even true in the myth. The Bethegusites and the Darjiinians were saved through their own boats rather than Anaxial's Ark.

The Bethegusites were clearly outsiders as Bethegus didn't get onboard. Likewise Darjiin is somewhere else so no one was picked.

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.
30 Alfred Road, Acton, W3 6LH.
020-8150-9716 / 07956-589433