Re: Another site, another forum, another account - more fragmentation and loss...

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:29:57 -0000

Lawrence Whitaker:

> Its proving impossible for me to access the Immoderate Glorantha group. For
> some reason Yahoo keeps rejecting my attempts to join.
>
> Is it possible that the discussion could be summarised here, please, for
> the benefit of those who can't access this group? If its as important as
> you say, then it should be shared.

Nothing is important on the ImmoderateGloranthaQuest group, by definition.

I would rather the discussion not be posted here, as views expressed on that list may not actually be the views held by posters. I, for example, don't actually think that Moon Design think of anyone as plebs, but it is a useful discussion tool there.

Mike Gibb:

> I wouldn't advise bringing the thread over here though - it is likely to get as immoderate as they come.

Let's hope so! :-)

> Loz - basically it is some people complaining that MD changing websites is another example of a bad thing. I'm sure Rick can give you a potted history.....

More about information being taken down without telling anyone and changes for changes sake, but we shouldn't get involved in the discussion here.

Lawrence Whitaker:
> I thought it was something REALLY serious.

No, anything serious would be posted here.

It is funny watching people who have to speak for companies responding seriously to semi-serious posts, though. We can make outlandish claims and statements and Rick et al have to respond with a company line.

Anyway, it killed provided 5 minutes of diversion when writing Old Stone Age scenarios.

Simon