Re: Ratslaff

From: Robert Scott Martin <glass_at_panix.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 13:25:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2013, pomeroi_at_mailfass.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am still delving into the rogue, trickster, entertainer, acrobat
> thing. Ratslaff does not seem to play a role in history any more?!

His cult looks very deeply buried since the Spike era but that only means an opportunity to find treasure in the deep delve.

Since Time, all I personally can be sure of is that references to him point to the "Yelm" or solar pantheon but he does not appear by that name on the Wall or in the unfinished works. A fleeting reference in the Guide (founder of Disorder) remains but ARG! IT IS MISSPELLED!

If I were digging around for his parts I'd consider the Bright Empire. He might have been one of their entities, now only a vague placeholder to balance the Celestial Court. Or look on the Wall and see where he might be hiding beyond Rakenveg.

A third place to look would be at how Harmony has been expressed historically and where its shadows are. Where do we find boggles? Famously the giants have disorder and the rune was given to Bolongo as well.