Re: Arkat and Dorasta

From: Paul King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:47:15 +0000

On 5 Nov 2013, at 12:18, Nils Weinander wrote:

> Regarding Ralzakark's origin, what is the mythic origin
> of unicorns? That might give us a clue apart from the
> obvious pure (unicorn) / impure (broo) dichotomy.
>
> I had the impressions that unicorns originate in the
> west, but I have no substantial foundation for that.

Yelorna is a Solar cult, which suggests a Light connection.

Anaxial's Roster has Unicorns present in most of Western and Central Genertela, and having access to Sorcery-like magic. I don't know if that's still canon, though.

My first thought is that Ralzakark might be a fragment of Nysalor. Or maybe he was a Broo who became a disciple of Nysalor and transformed himself through HeroQuesting.